This case study is about the USA’s well-known healthcare payer who owns a huge IT infrastructure that wanted to gain a high level of business value by incorporating Agile and DevOps features. They needed their product to be built with high-quality, quick release and cost-optimized.
The client used the latest agile approach to deliver a high-performing solution consisted of the following:
• Create a roadmap for both Agile and DevOps Maturity Assessment and Transformation
• Implement the best Scrum and Kanban practices using the innovative Agile framework.
• Using Lean-Agile development practices to streamline change and release management processes.
• Handle service management activities through defining and implementing new guidelines and work structure.
• Using Agile practices and DevOps to enable large scale recruitment of IT Staff.
• For the teams and the business stakeholders across the line of business(LoB’s) providing agile coaching sessions.
• Building greater collaboration among various function groups by re-arranging the project teams into” Agile Pods”.
Tools and Technologies
Adopting DevOps methodology like build automation, continuous integration, QA automation, release, deployment automation, and using varied tools with the help of CI/CD pipelines for different technologies.
• Languages: , Java, .Net, Mainframe
• BPM system: Pega systems
• Big Data
• The agile methodology helped to reduce the release cycle time to 8 weeks (from 12 weeks to 3-4 weeks)
• The implementation of the agile approach led to a 25% improvement in both service quality and reliability
• The overall project helped the client to make a $2MUS savings using the Agile and DevOps technology. 1(2020)
- 2020. Healthcare Client : DevOps & Agile. [Online] Available at http://www.infomaticscorp.com/case-studies/healthcare-client-2/