Terms and Conditions we embrace compliance
An Introduction to HPMA’s Terms & Conditions
Welcome, to HPMA! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
Our mission is to reshape healthcare project management by sharing knowledge on our platform
HPMA offers a place that resolves all your healthcare project management needs by asking questions and connecting with a vast network of healthcare professionals who contribute their unique insights & expert solutions. This empowers the project managers to learn from each other and understand the future of healthcare project management.
Who May Use HPMA Services?
As a user, you have the right to access the on the HPMA platform only if you agree to form a binding contract with HPMA and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction.
You must abide by the following rules:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your HPMA account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
HPMA is the global network of healthcare helping project managers to resolve all queries and learn more, so we have made the HPMA platform broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use HPMA if:
- You are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
- You are forbidden to use the HPMA website’s services or software under applicable laws.
Ownership and responsibility of the content you post
- This ensures that you have the needed rights to post your content and it does not violate the legal rights of another party.
- You are solely responsible for your use of the HPMA Services and for any content you provide, you should only provide content that you are comfortable sharing with others.
- Any use or reference to any of the content posted on the HPMA platform or obtained by you through the platform is at your own risk.
- HPMA will not be responsible or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or communications posted on the HPMA website.
- You will be solely responsible for using the HPMA website as you may be exposed to various posts and contents that might be inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, HPMA does not provide authenticity of any content posted on the website by any of the third-party vendors
- Post, content, and any such materials will be the sole responsibility of the person who originated such materials or content. HPMA will not monitor or control the content posted via various platforms or websites and, we cannot take responsibility for such posts.
- But HPMA reserves the complete right to remove any posts or content that violates the User Agreement, including, for example, copyright or trademark violations or other intellectual property misappropriation, impersonation, unlawful conduct, or harassment.
- If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please report by contacting our designated copyright agent at:
536 Giotta Irvine, California 92614, United States of America
(for content on HPMA)
Permissions and Rights Provided
- Users will be responsible for any content or posts they submit or display on or through the HPMA website. What’s yours is yours, will be your original content audio, photos, and videos are considered part of the content).
- By submitting, posting, or displaying any content or posts through the HPMA website, you grant HPMA to get worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such content in any media or distribution methods are now known or later developed
- This license authorizes HPMA to make your posts or content available to the rest of the world and to let others do the same.
- You solely agree that this license authorizes HPMA to provide, promote, and improve the services and to make your Content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, repost, promotion, or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.
- Such additional uses by HPMA, or other companies, organizations, or individuals, are made with no compensation paid to you concerning the posts or content that you submit, post, transmit.
- HPMA has strict rules about how their partners make use of the available content and services.
- HPMA has the right to may modify or adapt your content as it is distributed, syndicated, published, or broadcast by us and our partners and/or make changes to your posts or content to acclimate the content to different media.
- You as a user must have all the rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power, and/or authority necessary for any posts or content that you submit or display on or through the HPMA website.
- You as a user must be aware that your posts or content will not contain material subject to copyright or other proprietary rights unless you have the necessary permission or are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant HPMA the license to do so.
Using the Services
You are requested to read the HPMA Rules and Policies which are part of the HPMA User Agreement and you may use these mentioned services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
HPMA regularly updates its Terms of Services constantly, we also retain the right to create limits on the usage and storage at our sole discretion at any time.
We may also remove or refuse to distribute any posts or contents on the HPMA website, limit distribution or visibility of any content on the HPMA website, suspend or terminate users, and reclaim usernames without liability to you.
In consideration for HPMA granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that HPMA and its third-party providers and partners may place advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
You as a user not supposed to misuse our website services, for example, by interfering with them or accessing them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the HPMA Services:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, HPMA’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of HPMA’s providers;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- Access, search or attempt to access or search the various services by any means other than through our currently available services, published interfaces that are provided by the HPMA website unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with HPMA;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- Interfere with, or disrupt the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing website, or by scripting the creation of posts pr content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the HPMA website.
HPMA also prohibits the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe it is necessary to
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request,
- Enforce the terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues,
- Respond to user support requests,
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of HPMA, its users, and the public.
Managing Your Account
- You may need to create an account to use some of our services on the website. You are responsible for safeguarding your account, so use a strong password and limit its use to this account.
- We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
- You can control most communications from the HPMA website. HPMA is responsible to provide certain communications like service announcements and administrative messages.
- These communications are considered part of the Services and your account, and you may not be able to opt-out from receiving them.
- If you added your phone number to your account and you later change or deactivate that phone number, you must update your account information to help prevent us from communicating with anyone who acquires your old number.
Your License to Use the services on the HPMA website:
- HPMA gives you a personal, worldwide, non-assignable, and non-exclusive license to use its website
- This license has the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the services provided by HPMA, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
- All the services on the website are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and other countries.
- Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the HPMA name or any of the HPMA trademarks, logos, domain names, other distinctive brand features, and other proprietary rights.
- All right, title and interest in and to the Services (excluding Content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of HPMA and its licensors.
- Users’ feedback, comments, or suggestions regarding HPMA, or its services is entirely voluntary and is a full right of the users to provide it.
Deactivation and Suspension of the account
You may end your legal agreement with HPMA at any time by deactivating your accounts and discontinuing your use of the Services.
HPMA has the full right to suspend or terminate users account at any time for any or no reason if we reasonably believe:
- You as a user have violated these Terms or the HPMA Rules and Policies
- You as a user are a risk or possible legal exposure for HPMA
- Your account needs to be terminated due to unlawful conduct
- Your account needs to be terminated due to prolonged inactivity
- Our provision of the services to you is no longer commercially viable.
We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or the next time you attempt to access your account, depending on the circumstances.
If you believe your account was terminated in error you can file an appeal following the steps found in our Help Center
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
The services provided on the HPMA website are Available “AS-IS”, your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk.
You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
The “HPMA Entities” refers to HPMA, its parents, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors.
The HPMA Entities make no warranty or representation and disclaim all responsibility and liability for:
- The completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content;
- Any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content;
- The deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and
- Whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the HPMA entities shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from
- Your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services
- Any posts or content of the third party on the HPMA services, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users or third parties;
- Any content obtained from the services; or
- Unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your transmissions or content. In no event shall the aggregate liability of the HPMA entities exceed the greater of one hundred U.S. Dollars (the U.S. $100.00) or the amount you paid HPMA, if any, in the past six months for the services giving rise to the claim.
HPMA has the full right to revise these Terms from time to time. We will try to notify you of material revisions, for example via a service notification or an email to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
The laws of the State of California, excluding its choice of law provisions, will govern these Terms and any dispute that arises between you and HPMA.
All disputes related to these Terms or the Services will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco County, California, United States, and you consent to personal jurisdiction and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
If you are a federal, state, or local government entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity and legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction, or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you.
For such U.S. federal government entities, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the United States of America (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of California (excluding choice of law).
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining rules of the Terms will remain in full force and effect. HPMA’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms are an agreement between you and HPMA, Inc., 536 Giotta Irvine, California 92614, United States. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Effective: October 2, 2020